Friday, October 8, 2010

one week down, 51 more to go......

I have made it seven days without buying one thing for myself!!! Man it was a lot harder then I thought it would be, temptation is everywhere. Even Daden's choir practice is only 5 blocks from both Urban Outfitters, and Anthropology my two favorite stores. Not to mention this really cool inexpensive jewelry store that I have heard raves about. I didn't even get to go there before my diet started :( *sniff*
But in some cases I surprised even myself. For instance today, as I was shopping at Target for some upcoming birthday parties (yeah, they are tomorrow, that's how I roll) I remembered that Erin and I had decided to wear black long sleeve shirts under our Halloween costumes. I don't own a black long sleeve. So I immediately changed directions and headed to the apparel section. As I stood there $10 t-shirt in hand two thoughts floated through my head:

"Hey it's only $10! And it's for my Halloween costume so it's not really cheating right?"
"I don't need this! I won't ever wear it again, I never wear long sleeved tees. I should just borrow one from my sisters."

I am extremely proud to report that the latter though won out and I left Target without a black long sleeve tee! I was a little shocked at how quickly my brain said "hey it's only $10 bucks, and you need it!" When really, I don't need it. I have NO need for it at all! I am hoping that in this year I can retrain my brain. No more wasting money on stuff I don't need!

It's going to be a long 51 weeks........

1 comment:

  1. of COURSE u can borrow a long sleeve shirt from your sisters lol what r we here for anyway? lol u just go and your diet and be proud! dani and i will supply the cute clothes for next year <3 plus we dont charge a thing ;D

    ReplyDelete