Monday, January 24, 2011

The little things



Sometimes in all the crazy that is life it is important to take a time out, smell the polish and remember what makes it all worth while......... professionally manicured toes and hot coffee from Starbucks.
Tessa enjoyed her first pedicure yesterday as part of a girls day out with my mom and sisters. I have been thinking about taking her along for pedicure day for a while now but for one reason or another I hadn't done it yet. We had such a special fun time I wish now that I had done it sooner!
After pedi's we had lunch and did some shopping at Washington Square. Going into Pottery Barn to look for a teapot for mom made my house look dingy :P I hate that store LOL!


I didn't buy anything apparel wise while we were out......but that isn't to say that I have been exactly sticking to my diet. My offenses include: two shirts from Urban, three pairs of pants and a sweater from Old Navy, and a pair of boots from Target.
Damn you end of season clearance!
Do I feel guilty? Maybe a little, but not as bad as I thought I would. I am starting to realize that the lesson I should be learning from all this apparel dieting is not that I have too much clothing. I don't think that's possible. But rather that my apparel purchases should be made with much more care. I am realizing that in the past I would walk by something cute and say to myself "I need that! It's so cute!!" What I should be asking my self is the following:

Is this in my budget?
Does this fill a need in my wardrobe?
Does this fit with my personal style? (at this point I should mention that I am famous for buying stuff that isn't really my style in an attempt to force myself into new style. Which never works. I am boho chic to my core. No matter how fab my sisters look in their urban chic clothes.)
Do I have anything in my closet to wear with this?

If I can answer yes to these questions then I shouldn't feel guilty about purchasing.....in theory.
All in all I am happy. I don't feel defeted, but rather more enlightened. I plan to continue on my diet, every one cheats on a diet now and then right? :P

No comments:

Post a Comment