Monday, December 9, 2013

Well this is embarrassing.....

Uh, wow.

When I woke up this morning and felt the itch to write a blog post, I had NO idea that it had been two years since my last posting. I thought maybe it had been a year which is bad enough. But TWO years? Awkward........so assuming that after two years I still have readers, I present to you, the first posting of 2013!

This was kind of an uneventful year. Don't get me wrong, uneventful is not a bad thing! While it does make for a smaller, less impressive yearly photo album, it was nice to have a quiet year after last years craziness! I missed a huge opportunity last year not blogging about my sisters wedding. SO many cool photos and happenings there. Alas.
The coolest thing I did this year? Eric and I took our first vacation without our kids since our honeymoon. It was amazing! We spent four beautiful, sunny days in Anaheim California. The main reason for our trip (aside from time alone with each other) was to attend BlizzCon. For those of you who have no idea what that is, it's a convention put on by Blizzard Entertainment to showcase their current games, announce new ones, and host the finals for the world arena tournaments. It. Was. Epic. I was absolutely blown away by the scope of the event and the number of people in attendance. Which came in at around 20,000. Amazing
We watched art presentations, sound demonstrations, pretty darn epic costume contest, and we got to try out the new World of Warcraft expansion; Warlords of Draenor.



After BlizzCon we were so fortunate to meet up with our good friends (and newlyweds!), Danny and Mirna. We spent a fantastic day in Disneyland and California Adventure. I have to say, taking my kids to Disneyland was a wonderful, magical experience that I honestly can't wait to have again. That said, going to Disneyland with just my husband has a magic all it's own. With the added bonus of being able to look at whatever I want in the shops without someone asking for a toy every second :P 


I also learned that Disneyland all decorated for Christmas is my new favorite thing. Sorry mom, your house looks awesome, but Mr Disney out did you on lights!




This is happening. It was a pretty big surprise, not going to lie. And while I am over the moon excited to have another baby, I fully admit to being just a tiny bit apprehensive about where the new baby is going to live. And also how we will afford said baby. However I fully believe that the good Lord provided this baby and he will provide for it's care. Which I am sure involves teaching me to be more frugal!
I am excited to sit back and enjoy this pregnancy. I am not working this time round, and I vow to enjoy every min of growing this little miracle, instead of worrying about throwing up at work. 
I am excited to go into labor on my own! (I hope) Daden, Tessa, and Ryder were all planned inductions. While I had three very successful deliveries, I feel like I missed out a little. I am looking forward to the excitement of "it's time"!
I am excited to nurse longer! I failed each and every time pumping at work for the last three and this time I am determined to nurse longer than three months! I always felt so bad cutting them off while they were still so little.
I am excited to enjoy watching a baby grow without counting down the days until I have to leave it to go back to work.
I am absolutely dying to find out whether it's a boy or girl. DYING.  I am 12 weeks pregnant and 8 more weeks just seems way too long to wait to find out. I have looked up all sorts of at home/old wives tales to find out early. So far the ancient Chinese gender prediction chart says girl. The baking soda test says girl. My gut kinda says boy. 
Can I tell you a secret? I really, really, hope it's a girl. Does that make me a bad mom? :P

No comments:

Post a Comment